Chocolate & Orange Tart
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 cup white Flour
- 75 grams Margarine
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 50 grams margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 70 grams ground almonds
- rind and juice from one orange
- Cut, then rub margarine into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add water and mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out pastry and line a small (approximately 18cm) greased flan tin.
- Save pastry trimmings
- Cream margarine and sugar in a bowl.
- Fold in flour, cocoa, baking powder and ground almonds.
- Finely grate orange rind, and add with juice from orange.
- Mix together well.
- Spread mixture evenly onto pastry base.
- Roll out pastry trimmings into six thin strips, twist and place in a lattice pattern on top of the tart.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for 25-30 minutes (place on tray in lower half of oven).
- Slice when cold.