This vegan recipe is adapted from Cooking With PETA, by People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals (1997)
Wake’em up pancakes
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2½ cups flour
- ¼ cup soya milk powder or soy flour (optional)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tb sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups fruit juice (apple, orange etc) - can sub with a plant milk if preferred
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. When they are well combined, stir in the fruit juice or milk. Mix briefly.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or a well oiled pan) over high heat until hot, then turn it down to medium high.
- Spoon the batter onto the pan, making 4 inch pancakes. When the tops are bubbly, turn them over carefully and cook until the underside is golden and the middle is cooked.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or other toppings.