Kiwifruit, lime and avocado cheesecake
2 hr, 30 Total Time
- 150gm cashew nuts, soaked in water for 2-4 hours, then drained
- 2 small avocados, peeled and stoned
- sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste or 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 100 mL agave nectar
- juice of 2 lemons
- 100 mL coconut oil
- juices of 5 limes, plus the pared zest of 1 for the top (optional)
- slices of kiwi fruit for the top (optional)
- 150 g. oreo cookies or other type of biscuit (finely ground)
- 3 tbsp. coconut milk
- Lightly spray an 18cm loose-bottomed cake tin with oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground biscuits and coconut milk. Press the mixture into the bottom of the cake tin. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients except the lime zest and kiwi fruit into a powerful blender. Process until smooth. Then take the cheesecake base from the fridge and ladle in the green filling.
- Decorate with curls of pared lime zest, or with overlapping layers of kiwi fruit slices, or both. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.