From Flip Grater’s The Cookbook Tour.
Fast Ginger Beer (Raw)
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- ¼ tsp yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- juice and rind of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp dried ginger
- ¾ cup sugar
- Combine first three ingredients and leave for 5 minutes until it bubbles.
- Combine juice and lemon rinds, dried ginger and sugar.
- Leave for 5 minutes and strain out rind.
- Combine all ingredients in a 1.5 litre plastic bottle.
- Fill nearly to the top and leave for 24 hours in a hot water cupboard. Cool before opening – it should be fizzy!