Udon Noodle soup
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 200gm packet Hokkien or udon noodles
- 1 TB oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- knob of raw ginger (size of thumb nail)
- 1 courgette, cut in small chunks
- ½ cup broccoli
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- 2 TB tamari
- 5 spinach leaves, torn into pieces
- ½ cup baby corn, chopped
- 2 TB miso
- Lightly fry onion in the oil. Add garlic and finely minced ginger and fry another minute.
- Add broccoli, courgette and stir fry 4-5 mins. Add mushrooms and fry another minute. Add water (about 2 cups). Stir.
- Then add tamari. Bring to a gentle boil. Add udon noodles and let simmer a few minutes to cook the noodles. Add spinach leaves and let cook a further minute until the leaves are just wilted.
- Remove from heat. Stir through the miso until it is dissolved.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh coriander.