Pea and Sausage soup
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 onion
- Oil for frying
- A slice of bread cut into cubes
- 2 C green split peas
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 T dark soy sauce or Bragg’s aminos
- 8 C stock
- 2 carrots
- Vegan sausages
- Chopped coriander
- Fry a chopped onion in a pan. Then fry cubes of bread and set aside to use as garnish when serving.
- Put 2 cups of green split peas, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of black pepper, a tablespoon of dark soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos, the fried onions and a bay leaf in a large saucepan with 8 cups/2 litres of vegetable stock (a cube and some water). Boil for 10 mins and then add chopped carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 45mins or until peas are tender. Add more water if it dries out before peas are cooked.
- Cut vegan sausages into chunks and add to soup along with 1 cup of soy milk. Reheat til sausages are hot and the soup is piping hot.
- Top with pre-fried cubes of bread (croutons) and coriander and serve.